Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Civil War?


During all the controversy regarding Arizona's Immigration Bill, it has taking another bad turn as utility commissioner of Arizona issues a power play threat.

Here's part of Arizona Corporation Commission member Gary Pierce's letter to the mayor:

"If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation.

I am confident that Arizona’s utilities would be happy to take those electrons off your hands. If, however, you find that the City Council lacks the strength of its convictions to turn off the lights in Los Angeles and boycott Arizona power, please reconsider the wisdom of attempting to harm Arizona’s economy."

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is in Washington D.C., meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, but his deputy chief of staff issued the following statement: "The mayor stands strongly behind the city council and he will not respond to threats from the state that has isolated itself from an America that values freedom, liberty and basic civil rights."

These are very bold statements. Although, actions will speak louder than words.

Los Angeles VS. Arizona??

Mexicans VS. Arizona??

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!

Part 2:

Everyone’s pissing and moaning because the Immigration Bill basically gives Arizona authorities the right to ask Mexicans for documentation to prove they’re legal citizens.

Apparently, it’s the same law that the Federal Government has in the books, but as it turns out, the Federal Government isn’t nearly as bad group of assholes as the state of Arizona is.

But if the authorities in Arizona are going to start IDing Mexicans, the good thing is it’s pretty easy to distinguish between a Mexican American and an illegal Mexican -- but just to be safe, let me explain incase any dimwitted Arizona police officers are reading my blog:

For example, this is a good representation of what an American Mexican may look like:

What an illegal Mexican may look like:
Standing near a bunch of white children in front of a house, one would assume he is fixing something at that house. Others huddle together, much like a group of ornery hookers, hungry to perform whatever dirty job is requested of them by old, fat, white men who are too lazy to set up their own barbecue grills or screw in a light bulb.

But I understand the concern in Arizona. The idea of thousands of people from another country sneaking into our country is sort of a scary thought. But it’s not like we’re talking about members of the Taliban crossing the borders with WMDs in their backpacks or anything like that.

We’re talking about proud & hard-working people. All I can say, since I’ve lived in Los Angeles, I’ve never once seen a homeless Mexican.

You know why I’ve never seen a homeless Mexican? Because they’re too fucking busy working eight jobs to be homeless. If for some strange reason, a Mexican were actually homeless, they wouldn’t have any time to sleep on the sidewalk because they’d be too busy sweeping it & collecting recyclables.

Sure, there’s always gonna be a couple of bad apples in the bunch, but like I said, 99% of them are honorable, hard-working people. Lets be honest, they’re not taking many jobs away from Americans -- at least, jobs that any Americans are willing to do. Most Americans are too good to do any of the tasks that illegal Mexicans are willing to do to put food on their tables.

Although their wages aren’t being taxed, illegal Mexicans still contribute to the economy every time they go to Wal-Mart or DMV because they bought a used pick-up truck, etc.

All Mexicans want is a better way of life – and you can’t blame them for coming here because that’s the American dream we’ve been advertising since this country was created in 1776.

It’s no wonder Mexicans are willing to risk their lives crossing the border to get into our country:

-The Mexican government is corrupt

-The drug cartels are terrorizing citizens

-Too many unimproved/non-paved roads

-The oceans and airports in Mexico smell like raw sewage -- which is a polite way of saying "shit".

I don’t know how you guys feel, but if I lived under those conditions I’d want to leave my country, too. And to be quite honest, living in Arizona isn’t much better, but at least it’s in the United States.

FIN...

- El Luchador Del Mundo...

Erie One

2 comments:

  1. I want to make sure that my people are clear on something. There is a difference between ethnicity and nationality. The is no such ethnicity as "Mexican". "Mexican" is a nationality. Nationality defines the country you were born in. The is no such thing as a "Mexican-American". What, were you born on the exact center line of the border? No, you are either Mexican or American. For me growing up as a Latino in Southern California, there were mixed labels. Chicano was one of those labels which I will embrace more readily than "Mexican-American". I did my research. My family is not originally from Mexico. Like many other "Chicanos", my family came from Spain to the New World. As far as any alligience to a country whose people call me "pocho" or "coco", I have none. Mexico is corrupt and will continue to be so until the people stop running from their country and rise up against the powers that be. It paints a bad picture when Mexicans flee their country, come to ours and then have the nerve to fly their flag in our faces. A flag that represents greed, corruption and a lack of compassion for its people. I am proud of my Lationo heritage but I am also proud to be American. I am not trying to fit in with the "white" people but making it know that whites are not the only Americans in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I want to be clear about this post. Part 1 is mere news & part 2 is an editorial designed for laughs. Although, I will respond with this:

    FACT: Mexican-American is an American of Mexican descent.
    FACT: Chicano is an American of Mexican descent.

    If you choose to except "Chicano" as a valid word & reject "Mexican-American" because "Chicano" sounds cooler or for whatever reason then so be it. Whatever makes you sleep better at night Peet (yes, I know I spelled it wrong).

    Lets make an example next. Say for instance, someone had a problem with your brother. They made your brother's life more difficult. But, lets say the initial cause was your brother's fault. Although, you think he may be wrong you might side with your brother because of the importance of strong family ties. Yes, a biased view.

    On to family ties...
    Do you really know your entire family tree? Not just your last name & their ancestors but rather all the branches stemming from both your parents. If you do, then more power to you my friend. If you find the majority of your ancestors to be European then so it is. Your view will be as many Europeans think:
    "Mexicans stay out! Europeans are acceptable immigrants!"

    Mexico's leadership is to blame for what Mexico is today. Are there any quality people in Mexico or are there any quality Mexican people? That is open to interpretation.

    I do know that I have Native American ancestors & Mexican ancestors. I never crossed the border although, the border did cross my ancestors. I am a proud American. Think about how many Mexican-Americans, African-Americans, and all sorts of immigrants fought wars for our freedom. Are we truthfully a land of the free?

    Now, don't get me wrong! I do not believe we should open our border to Mexico! I just don't want to be on the bandwagon of bashing Mexicans.

    "Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."

    Esta es mi tierra...

    - Erie One

    ReplyDelete